The anticipation of date night can sometimes be too much to bear. Time alone with your partner, without the kids, without house chores, without any interruptions is so precious but this time alone is just about as rare as finding an avocado in Sydney for less than $3. It is such a glorious feeling, just the two of you enjoying a nice meal and a night out, but don’t forget that you will need to squeeze in some prep-time in the lead up to the rendezvous.
To relieve any unnecessary stress and to help you make the most of your date, here are some tips to help with the all-important groundwork.
1. Shower: yes, it is a given but it is also underestimated how much impact a nice, relaxing shower can have on your mood and energy levels. Moisturise and scent your skin while you cleanse with a delicious lather of moisturising gel. Vanilla & Soy Milk will make you smell good enough to eat!
2. Give your locks some love: think bouncy, beautiful locks that make you feel great. Shampoo, conditioner, blow-dry and flick (it’s my secret tip!)
3. Don’t forget to shave!
4. Nice nails: this really should be done in advance, if you can, try doing it the morning of and add a touch of glamour to your digits with a DIY mani and pedi. I am loving nude for the warmer months, a great match with pretty, feminine florals.
5. A sexy, kissable red lip and seductive, smoky eyes: a no-brainer, right! Luxe Couture Crème Lipstick in designer red and Luxe Volumising Mascara Caviar Black are my fav picks.
6. A light spritz with Avon Attraction Rush to give you just the right amount of seductive scent but no too much that you cause an awkward sneezing fit.
7. Have fun, this is your night! Enjoy every moment because you deserve it!